Bike share equipment that has been hibernating through winter is being dusted off, tuned up, and redeployed as spring begins to settle in the Northern Hemisphere.
This morning, Boston’s Hubway system (pictured right) announced its reopening for the warmer seasons, while Nice Ride MN is likely to re-launch later this week and Bixi Montreal the week following.
Here’s a list of all the programs that are back in action for spring in North America, several of which have plans to expand in 2013:
- Hubway – Boston, MA. Open
- Denver B-cycle – Denver, CO. Open
- Madison B-cycle – Madison, WI. Open
- Bixi Montreal – Montreal, Canada. Open April 15th
- Capital Bixi – Ottawa, Canada. Open April 15th
- Nice Ride MN - Minneapolis, MN. Open this week
- Omaha B-cycle - Omaha, NE. Open
- Des Moines B-cycle - Des Moines, IA. Open
- Kansas City B-cycle - Kansas City, MO. Open
BikeShare.com will be hosting a detailed map of the programs expected to open in 2013 in North America tomorrow. Check back then!
Photo upper right: Boston’s Hubway system being re-installed. Photo credit: @amylynn1588 (Instagram)